About Our Faith.
We are affiliated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. According to the Sacred Scriptures, and in the unity of the one, holy apostolic, Christian, catholic (universal) faith, we believe, teach and confess without reservation the faith put forth in the Lutheran Confessions ; in summary, that
- The one true God is the Triune God—Father, Son, and Holy Ghost—who, created and sustains all things in heaven and on earth.
- Since the fall of Adam, all men are born with sin, and this condemns and brings eternal death upon those not born again through Baptism and the Holy Ghost.
- The Son of God, Christ our Lord, bore the curse of the law and paid for all our sins. Through Him alone we obtain forgiveness of sins through faith, are freed from death and all the punishments of sin, and are saved eternally. He is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.
- Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is the express image of the Father, as He said, “I and the Father are one.”
- Christ assumed His human nature in the womb of the Blessed Virgin Mary. He truly suffered, was crucified, dead, and buried, that He might reconcile the Father unto us by this sacrifice.
- Christ also descended into hell, and truly rose again the third day; afterward He ascended into heaven that He might sit on the right hand of the Father, and forever reign and have dominion over all creatures, and sanctify them that believe in Him, by sending the Holy Ghost into their hearts.
- The same Christ shall openly come again to judge the quick and the dead, etc.
- The Holy Ghost, whom Christ sent, creates and sustains the Holy Christian Church on earth by the Gospel.